Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Would you rather be ignored or teased? Bullying week reflection

     "It's better to be teased than ignored". I disagree.

      I think that being ignored is much better than being teased. I think this because I care a lot about my school work. When I was younger I was ignored a lot. It wasn't because my friends were rude but, because I was a very shy child and I never felt inclined to be included. As a result, during class time I was able to get lots of work done with extreme sensitivity and care. This helped me to become the focused student I am today. 
     I feel that it is also important to include that sometimes outside of school I feel more comfortable talking to adults rather than to kids my own age. Whenever I felt ignored I could turn to adults and because I was little they were willing to talk to me. Because of this sometimes I was pegged as a '"teacher's pet" and was teased. Remembering and reflecting on my experiences makes me feel like I would rather be ignored, independent and with relief at home than teased, unproductive and with no hope for a better tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment