ππ
ππ
ππ
When I wake up on Christmas morning, it’s like waking up for the first time. I stretch and yawn before realizing what day it is. I start to slide off of my bed and then do a double take as the realization dawns on me, today is Christmas! I rush into my sister’s room and splat right on her bed, shaking her with my new found energy, until she wakes up. She groans and moans longing to sleep for just 5 more minutes. But, then just like me she jolts up and smiles like the Cheshire cat.
Every year my sister and I sprint down the stairs, tripping over our own feet, running to see what Santa brought us. Once we reach the living room we are immediately on our knees. Sneakily peeking at our stockings to discover what gifts lie hidden in the festive, fabric stocking resting beneath the coffee table. After we’ve stolen one too many glances, we search our Christmas tree to find the two loudest bell ornaments we can find.
We swing them around, shaking them and creating clutter, in a desperate attempt to awake our parents from their quiet slumber. The sound rings through our house and echos off the walls and while we bang our bells we also scream “It’s Christmas, it’s Christmas!” My mom and dad can sleep through a lot of noise but, not this monstrosity! They were awake and downstairs with us in a split second.
Finally we were all together, the presents were waiting, and anticipation was growing. We always open our stockings first and thanks to my sister and I they were packed a little more messily than when we had first found them. We teared through them and found brain teasers, a new pair of waterproof gloves, DSI games and everything in between! Usually at this time we take a quick break to eat some treats gifted from neighbours and also to drink some hot cocoa in Christmas mugs (naturally) to warm up. My sister and I always rush through the food so that we can open our presents sooner.
Finally we finish eating and we dive at the mountain of presents underneath our kid friendly Christmas tree. We take turns ripping them open and marveling at their contents. My favourite Christmas gifts are my dog Rosey (2016), my vacation to Dubai (2015) and our Caribbean Disney cruise extravaganza(2014). Wrapping paper is thrown all over the room and ribbons are stuck in our air. It’s a magical day full of surprises, family, love and food!!!!ππ
ππ
ππ
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete