This year I am doing a Genius Hour/Passion Project! This is just a creative way of showing what you're passionate about and sharing it with others. My Genius Hour Project is all about music! It's an interpretation and visual representation of Lorde's song "Royals". Wow! That is unnecessarily professional. For this project I'm going to sing the song "Royals" but instead of using an instrumental track from YouTube I am going to use common sounds and objects to create the music myself. I would love to pair this with a video starring myself too. I'm not really sure how I'm going to show this to people but I think that I would love to share it with our music teacher for her to show around!
For this project I really want to show that you don't need money to create, be good at, or enjoy music. For this reason my goal is to spend $0 while creating this masterpiece 😋! For this to work I need to record all the different sounds I'd like to use and then layer them on top of each other in the correct timing on a free video app (like WeVideo). I also need to record my singing and the video itself. For the video I think I want to have some shots of me singing (or lip sinking) in normal everyday places, just playing around with my friends, and of the beats being created (ex. person walking, pen clicking etc.)
Wish me luck,
Kate ♥
Hi Kate,
ReplyDeleteYour genius hour project sounds like a lot of fun! I think it's a great idea to record your video in different everyday places like you just walking down the street. I know when your video is produced it will be amazing and interesting to watch. I would love to help/ be in your video if you need it!
Hey Kate,
ReplyDeleteyour project sounds amazing and I can't wait to hear it.